About Esther Lemmens (Zesty)
I moved to the UK from the Netherlands in 1999 and have been running my own (Zesty) business ever since, while keeping things varied by working in local marketing and advertising agencies as well. My preference is definitely being my own boss though!
I started Zesty Design offering graphic design and project management, and then specialised in creative artworking (the technical and detailed process of preparing documents for print).
Don’t start yawning about the jargon just yet – I just mean this has helped me fine-tune my passion, which is in helping ethical business owners make their branding more memorable and recognisable, so they can attract more of their ideal clients.
I’m a natural at spotting inconsistencies, and seeing where things could be simplified, optimised, or be made more efficient. I have high standards and I love getting into the details, making things look neat and tidy.
I’m all about ‘Brand Integrity’, which goes far beyond the way a visual brand is applied in a business’s client-facing documents:
(I’m working on getting some pictures done where you can actually see my whole face – bear with me)
“To me, Brand Integrity is about ensuring your brand is authentic and consistent in every way – your services, your values, your promises. This is what makes your brand truly unique and stand out above the rest, which helps to make meaningful connections with the right people and convert them into not only paying clients, but raving fans who keep coming back for more!”
Besides a Visual Brand Consultant, I describe myself as a book addict, course junkie, ethical eco-warrior, organic foodie, green tea connoisseur, holistic health geek, professional pedant and crazy cat lady, with a zest for life! 😃
- I consider myself Multi-passionate (no surprise there, then! 😉) or as Barbara Sher calls it, ‘Scanner’
- I’m an introvert and HSP (Highly Sensitive Person)
- I’m a perfectionist (recovering, thankfully)
- My Myers-Briggs profile is INFJ (we are special snowflakes 🙂 find out yours here or here)
- My Wealth Dynamics profile is Lord (Lord Lemmens. I like it.)
- I’m a Reiki enthusiast (Western Reiki Master / Eastern Reiki student)
- I’m a book in the amazing Human Library Organisation
- I have diplomas in Electronics and Nutritional Therapy
- Green tea is my drink of choice. I’m so serious about it, I got a temperature-controlled kettle a couple of years ago, and wouldn’t be without it!
- I love origami and once made 69 stars for Christmas cards 🙂
- I adore languages, especially their writing systems. I’m currently learning Japanese and one of my favourite books is a Dutch children’s book about the history of our alphabet – it’s called ‘A is een koetje’ (the English version is called ‘A is for Ox’).
- I used to sing in a cover band called ‘Big Sister‘, which was fab! We gigged regularly in and around Norwich for 6 years in the early part of this century 😉
- I really like latin dancing, and although I don’t do it regularly these days, I find it’s kinda like riding a bicycle.
- I love Martial Arts, and used to practice Judo and Tae-Kwon-Do. I’m currently fascinated by Aikido and the concept of Ki.
- I’m a Trekkie!
- I love using emoticons, and my inner pedant is very pleased that they match my main brand colour 😉
Stuff I love
I use ethical, green and sustainable products and services if at all possible – in my life and my business.
- Evernote – for organising notes and doodles
- Dropbox – for syncing work on all the gadgets, and have a backup (just in cases)
- Memorandum – for ethical office supplies
- Wordery – for books
- Moo.com – for business cards (I have the Luxe cards; these are printed on uncoated paper and not laminated) [affiliate link]
- TransferWise – for international money transfers [affiliate link]
- The Co-operative Bank and Triodos Bank are where I keep my money
- I love art. I love books. I absolutely adore the Art Book Fair. It’s one of my favourite things in the world, ever.
PS: I genuinely use and love these things, and I’m not receiving anything in return for mentioning them, except where it states ‘affiliate link.’